Data Science with Python: Intro to Data Analysis
Date: Sept 27th,Oct 4th,11th, 18th, 25th 2014
Time: 1:15pm – 5:15pm
Instructor: We will announce the instructor when the date is getting close.
Venue: 500 7th Ave, 17th Fl., New York, NY (close to Times Square, between 37th and 38th street)
Course Overview: This five week course is an introduction to data analysis with the Python programming language, and is aimed at beginners.
Project Demo Day and Certificates: From the rudimentary building blocks of programming basics, to data manipulation and use of advanced drawing packages, the course ends with a demonstration of a project of your choice on Project Demo Day. On Demo Day you will access and analyze real data, utilizing the tools and skill sets taught to you throughout the course. Upon successful completion of the course and demonstration of your final project, you will qualify for one of three certificates: Extraordinary Standing, Honorable Graduation, and Active Participation.
Certificates are awarded according to your understanding, skill, and participation. No prerequisite needed for the course.
Week 1 – The Python Programming Language
- Overview of syntax, built in functions and data structures
- Introduction to the standard library
- Object oriented programming
- Review of probability and statistics
- Hypothesis testing
- Introduction to Pandas
- The exploratory data analysis process
- Working with real world data
- Data visualization with Matplotlib
- Web scraping
- Accessing APIs
- Building web applications
- What is machine learning?
- The Scikit-Learn API
- Image Processing / Text Classification