HR Employee Attrition Analysis
- The data set: Uncover the factors that lead to employee attrition and explore important questions such as show me a breakdown of distance from home by job role and attrition or compare average monthly income by education and attrition. This is a fictional data set created by IBM data scientists.https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/pavansubhasht/ibm-hr-analytics-attrition-dataset?resource=download
- Attrition of employees can’t be avoided. Some employees leave the company as they reach their retirement age, while many leave due to many factors such as, but not limited to, lower satisfaction rate, lower pay rate, and toxic work environment. Measuring attrition can uncover many answers related to the functioning within the organization. Higher attrition rates signal a need for further investigation.
Know the main factors that drive employees to leave the job and search for another job, is the main objective of this project. Which can help companies mitigate employee exit because it causes a big losses to the company.
The project passed through four phases:
- Inspecting: (1470 row , 35 columns)
- Cleansing(Missing values, Empty data, Incorrect Type, Incorrect values, Outliers and non relevant data)
- Transforming(Reshaping, Transforming Structures, Indexing for quick access, Merging and Joining).
- Modeling : (Visualization, Statical models, Correlation, Reporting).
EMPLOYEE ATTRITION RATE
-The attrition rate for our dataset sample is 18.6%.
Majority of employees aged 25 to 45
-Most of the employees, who have been a part of the company, tend to fall in the age range from 25 years to 45 years.
Majority of employees who have higher attrition aged 18 to 21
-The proportion of employees who left was comparatively more among the young employees.
Employees Education and Education Field
- Employees having (Below College, Bachelor ) Education , seem to have a higher tendency to leave the company.
- In general employees having (Technical Degree, Human Resources) Education Field, seem to have a higher tendency to leave the company.
Departments attrition rate
- Sales department have the higher attrition among other departments.
- There is a higher proportion of attrite employees who stay far from the office (More than 10 KM) than the proportion of employees who did not leave the company and stay far away from the office.
-Low income employees are more to attrite from the company. While employee with high income are more likely to stay.
-With less total working years employee are more to attrite from the company.
-Low Job Satisfaction, Low Relation ship Satisfaction, Bad Work Life Balance, Low Environment Satisfaction effect the employee which have the higher attrition among them.
- Employees with job Level 1 ,Job Role(Sales Representative), low job Involvement have higher attrition.
** Factors which cause employees attrition **
- Low monthly income.
- Long distance between employees home and the company location.
- Sales department, probably because of the pressure on the employees from the managers.
- Low Job Satisfaction, Low Relation ship Satisfaction, Bad Work Life Balance, Low Environment Satisfaction in the company.
- Sales Representative.
- Low job Involvement.
- Increase the monthly salary.
- Find accommodation for employees that is close to work.
- Reducing the pressure on the sales department and give them a bonus to encourage them.
- Changing the work environment and making it appropriate for achievement and improve the relationship between employees.
- Increase the job Involvement for the employees.