Data Analysis on Solar Energy in Spain
The skills I demoed here can be learned through taking Data Science with Machine Learning bootcamp with NYC Data Science Academy.
To meet future demands, fight climate change, decrease reliance on foreign powers, encourage global stability and support the local economy, data shows Spain ought to decrease its dependence on imported fossil fuels and shift focus to take advantage of renewable energy sources available within.
HOW CAN WE USE THIS DATA IN THE FUTURE?
- Use cadastral data to make more precise predictions regarding the number of potential buildings that could have solar photovoltaic installed (due to roof type, dimensions, construction date, etc.).
- Present finer monthly analysis of potential solar energy yield and how much that would decrease grid electricity consumption. For example, in summer months sun duration is longer but energy consumption is increased, then how much would the dependence on the grid decrease?
- Evaluate economic factors, including photovoltaic installation and maintenance costs and current electricity costs in Madrid.
- Estimate how many tons of carbon dioxide would be prevented from atmospheric release (by month, year) with widespread implementation of photovoltaics.
- Develop a calculation tool to aid building owners to decide if installation of photovoltaics would be economically feasible.
Check it out here: