Cafes in New York City Navigation Through Website
The skills we demoed here can be learned through taking Data Science with Machine Learning bootcamp with NYC Data Science Academy.
Roast coffee becomes a trend in New York cafes. Last year, I interviewed the New York Coffee Festival and found they have a website collecting all the information of New York Roast Cafes. So this time, I decided to collect information on these cafes in new York city and build analysis on it.
These are questions I want to figure out:
- How do the craft roasty cafes name themselves?
- What are the brewing methods they use most frequently?
- What is the normal opening hours on workdays and weekends?
- How is the geographical distribution like?
I have scraped the information on 202 cafes in new York area. The information types I scraped are: Name, Address, ZIP Code, Coffee Price, Opening Time, Brewing Method.
- Name: I have built one word cloud to see different types
From this graph, we can see that the types of names are: Location, Person Name, Food, Funny Combination, Animal, Size. And I made one visualization based on that.
2. I created bar chart to see the frequency of brewing method.
3. Then i made a map to show the concentration of cafes in different area with zip codes listed.