Where is Your Risk? - A Comparative Portfolio Dashboard
When managing a portfolio, it is essential to assess the overall risk of the portfolio and understand where the risk is coming from. In an effort to better illustrate the risk breakdown of a portfolio, I created a R Shiny Web App that allows users to better visualize the risk distribution for their current portfolio and compare it against a hypothetical portfolio of their choice, analyzing by asset classes and by individual financial holdings.
A User Guide
- Open the link to the app: Comparative Portfolio Dashboard
- Enter in portfolio tickers for "Current Tickers" and "Comparative Tickers".
- The app accepts any tickers that is available publicly on Yahoo Finance.
- Tip: You can use "Top 100 ETFs" as a Glossary if looking for general exposure for an asset class.
- Enter in the weights for each ticker for "Current Weights" and "Comparative Weights". The prompt indicates that it should sum to 1.
- Click Submit.
- Click into the "Portfolio Dashboard" tab to view your results.